South Korea’s Olympic soccer team will face Myanmar, Kyrgyzstan and Qatar in the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U-23 Asian Cup qualifiers this September.
South Korea was drawn in Group B with Myanmar and three other teams in the qualifying draw held at the AFC House in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Friday. All Group B qualifiers will be held in Korea, with venues and times to be determined.토토사이트
The tournament will feature 43 teams divided into 11 groups. Four teams from each of the 10 groups, A through J, and three teams from Group K. The top four finishers from each group and the top two finishers from each of the 11 groups will qualify for next year’s AFC U-23 Asian Cup alongside hosts Qatar.
Qatar, who were drawn in Group B alongside South Korea, qualified as hosts. All of the qualifiers are considered friendlies, so the result against Qatar will not affect the rankings.
The winner of the qualifiers will advance to the 2024 AFC U-23 Asian Cup, which will be held in Qatar from April 15-May 3 next year. South Korea will be looking to win the tournament for the second time in four years and the first time since Thailand in 2020. At the 2022 tournament, they were eliminated by Japan 0-3 in the quarterfinals.
The tournament also serves as the Asian qualifier for the men’s soccer men’s Olympic Games in Paris next year. The top three teams will qualify directly for the Olympics, while the fourth-placed team will play a playoff against the fourth-placed African qualifier.
North Korea was drawn in Group I alongside Australia, Tajikistan, and Laos, while Japan will battle Bahrain, Palestine, and Pakistan for a spot in the knockout rounds. China were drawn in Group G with the United Arab Emirates (UAE), India and the Maldives.
2024 AFC U-23 Asian Cup Qualifying Group Draw Results
- Group A: Jordan Syria Oman Brunei
- Group B: South Korea Myanmar Kyrgyzstan Qatar
- Group C: Vietnam Singapore Yemen Guam
- Group D : Japan Bahrain Palestine Pakistan
- Group E: Uzbekistan Iran Hong Kong Afghanistan
- Group F: Iraq Kuwait Timor-Leste Macau
- Group G: UAE India Maldives China
- Group H: Thailand Malaysia Bangladesh Philippines
- Group I : Australia Tajikistan Laos North Korea
- Group J : Saudi Arabia Cambodia Lebanon Mongolia
- Group K : Turkmenistan Indonesia Taiwan